Sunday, October 27, 2013

Poem Recording

Sick people should not do recordings of their voices. I realized this last week after the 10th attempt of me reading a poem resulted in tears as I listened to the nasally sound of my stuffed up voice. No matter how hard you try to cover up the sniffling, you can still hear the reader choking on their on phelm.

So, after a few days of popping pills and sleeping, I managed to take back my voice and record me reading one of my favourite poems as a child, Annabelle Lee by Edgar Allan Poe. I tried to read it with my energy at first, but then I got horribly embarrassed and settled with being mediocre.

Here it is! https://soundcloud.com/acadicus/annabelle-lee

1 comment:

  1. Whoaaa, this is one long poem. It's not mediocre at all, really! I like it, it was very catchy and interesting. Your use of pauses and tones were great. Your voice was also very expressive and gave me a sense of feeling as if the narrator of the poem was actually reading for Annabelle Lee. Stellar job, you should read poetry more often, I would enjoy listening to them!

    ReplyDelete